Thursday, September 20, 2007

More Bing for your Buck


As a child my favorite part of a sundae was always the Marachino cherry. It was mysterious, sweet, and rare. I was only allowed to eat them when I went out with my parents, which wasn't often. One afternoon a friend of mine gave me cherries as a snack. I remember sitting in her parent's kitchen feeling surprised and dismayed when I bit down on the cherry and discovered the stone. I was reluctant to each cherries after that. It seemed like too much work.

Now that I've grown up I can appreciate the beauty and variety of cherries. They are an unexpected addition to snack mixes, cookies, and sauces. Cherries are a hearty fruit with a firm texture. Fresh cherries ship well and have an excellent shelf life. Try our Florida cherries for a tart treat anytime.

0 comments: